little monster

a celebration of all things charlie jorge

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Kicks in the Sun

So we've just come back from a few days sunning it up in Dubai - well, firsttimegirl has whilst I was hard at work in 34degree temperatures. We had a good couple of days and overall it was nice to get a bit of heat in the cold bones.

For me, the highlight was that for the first time I actually felt the baby! This is something that Firsttimegirl has been feeling for quite some time so its quite normal for her - (in fact, she gets nervous if she doesn't feel our baby moving). In normal circumstances, the baby kicks randomly - usually when Im not there. I know this because (usually when Im in the shower, just after I've put shampoo in my hair) I hear a loud shout to tell me the baby's kicking. I then get out, race over, (eyes burning) to place my hand on her stomach only to realise that its stopped kicking. Either she's lying, or our baby's playing games with me. Probably both - already the mother-baby bond has formed so much that they're already ganging up against me.

Anyway we tried a different tact on this occasion. This meant us both sitting there watching tv with my hand placed on her stomach. 5 minutes went by, nothing. 10 minutes, nothing. Then there it was - not once but three times! Felt like a few small jabs - Mike Tyson style. We both looked at each other and that was it. Pregnancy never fails to amaze you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home